Thursday 18 August 2016

I amsterdam

We headed off to Amsterdam and got our selves a new hire car which is so Massive! Once we got there we made our way to 'Amsterdam Apartments dandelion 3 ' ( wich is the place we stayed at.) on the first day at Amsterdam we walked along the canals and went to the Vincent Vangogh museum which has all his artworks but one of them. We also got audio guides. We saw the flower pot one, it's called 'sunflowers'.  We learned that Vangogh did 'sunflowers' based on dead flowers , wich is weird and interesting at the same time. Overall there were lots of really good paintings there. The next day we went on a boat ride which was really fun because we saw a lot. We also did a bike ride because EVERYONE rides bikes in Amsterdam. We went on a bike tour and we didn't have the best time. The tour guide swore ALOT and I stacked on my bike 4 times, it was as if I hadn't ridden a bike before but it was harder to ride in Amsterdam than in Australia because there are motorbikes, cars and bikes everywhere. Here are the 4 stacks I had on my bike:
1. As soon as I got on the bike my foot got caught in the wheel so I fell.
2. Then I stopped so abruptly that I fell over again 
3. I was riding across the road when a lady stopped and I was stuck at the side of the road and a car came so I almost got run over!
4. There are trams that run through the city ( they are basically like train but on the road. ) and I rode my bikes into the tram tracks.
Fun fact: there are more than 15 thousand bikes at the bottom of the canals every year!










2 comments: